Find out if small flaws in your smile could be fixed by your Elk Grove Village, IL dentistâ€‹ with just one quick and noninvasive dental treatment.
Many people haven’t heard about dental bonding, but it’s a great way to improve the look of your smile, especially if you are dealing with small stains and chips in your teeth. While dental bonding won’t be able to tackle more severe issues, Dr. Scott Szatkowski can help improve the look of many smiles with dental bonding. Find out if you could be one of them!
Bonding is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to improve the shape and look of your smile. This simple, painless procedure uses a tooth-colored moldable resin that is applied to the surface of a tooth to cover flaws, make teeth look longer or even change the color of a tooth. Dental bonding is a great option for patients looking to address these issues:
- Stains and discolorations
- Small chips and cracks
- Spaces between teeth
- Uneven or worn teeth
Through a simple physical examination, your Elk Grove Village dentist can easily determine whether dental bonding is the right treatment option for you. Once we have deemed you a good candidate for treatment here are the different treatment stages:
- We will choose the color of the dental resin that most closely matches your tooth. We will then apply an etching liquid to your tooth, which will help the resin stick to the tooth.
- Then the dental resin is applied and shaped to achieve your specific smile goals. Once we have the proper shape we will use a dental laser to harden the material.
- Sometimes we will need to trim and shape the resin a bit further before polishing it so that it matches the rest of the tooth.
- This whole process takes anywhere from 30 minutes to one hour to complete, and if you are having more than one tooth done you may need to come back for more than one visit.
Does dental bonding sound appealing to you? If so, then it’s time you found out if you are a good candidate for treatment. Call our Elk Grove Village dental office today to schedule your cosmetic consultation.